Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Peaceful evening on the edge of rough seas

I had a hard day today.

No money... crumby work... frustrating conversations... You know, the kind of day that most of us have at one point or another when all the little ducks you need in a row wander off out along the levee line and nothing of much worth gets done.

That was my day and while I sit here trying to remain upbeat and cheery, the fact is that I'm fighting one of my classic uphill emotional battles against a deep, dark depression.

But I'm working on old web work that needs to get done, and I keep attempting to break the monotony of the task by gazing out the window at the soft, balmy evening while old Dave Brubeck tunes try to pull me toward some kind of safety and solace.

One could do worse.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Take Five" is some of the best advice there is for the Mean Reds. I am sorry for the dark deep depression. It really is lousy, but if you can stay with it lightly, it may lighten up, and lighten you up. I guess if you can grieve what you have lost, and celebrate what you have been given, and let go of a need to blame yourself or of anyone else, you may ride the crest of that Big Wave back into peace again. Sometimes that works for me...e

Anonymous said...

"You don't look at the things you have. You only look at the stuff you don't have. Those guys are right about you, you're money."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117802/

Sean Nordquist said...

no money... lousy job... irritating conversations... yeah, that about sums up many of my days lately.

I just have to remind myself that there are better days ahead. I have to believe it.

Thom said...

yeah... so how'd you do on the daily writing bet?

Sean Nordquist said...

I did well. Made sure to take a moment every day on the trip to write at least a little something about what we did each day. i will be posting them eventually...

Thom said...

Well then... it would appear that I owe you some rum. And I know exactly what I'm going to send you.