Monday, March 30, 2009

Could We Start Again Please?

I began this blog just short of two years ago, after I had been blogging at Speaklo for the two years prior. At the time, the SpeakLo blog had, somewhat by accident, become a blog about my travels and travails post-Katrina and I was at a place where I wanted to move on.

Perhaps I run in two year cycles, but I am definitely moving around to a new place in this process once more.

Whatever it is... perhaps it's the coming of Spring... the inevitability of return at Easter... but I am once again wanting to ask, Could We Start Again Please?

To that end, I have just begun posting once more at SpeakLo. My intention is to post things there that relate somewhat to my work in audio. That may be a look at music or audio in general, a review or a recommendation on something that I find of particular note, or simple gratuitous promotion of my own projects. It may also be a simple resting place for thoughts about what we listen to and listen for.

My plans are to continue posting here (though I am still evaluating a name change to Amazements instead of Amusements but the jury's still out on that for the moment.

In any case, I am beginning at SpeakLo this morning with the remembrance of an album I worked on nearly 25 years ago which, over the weekend, I had the opportunity to give a new listen... finding a surprising and comforting result.

I think - I hope - you'll enjoy it. Please feel free to let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely go with "amazements". I think of it as an admonition to allow oneself to be amazed at all the wondrous things around us. Except for maybe the asshole who can't find his own seat. Makes me want to have coffee in Petaluma some morning....

Thom said...

Well now that's interesting, because that's where I started, but I've been gathering a new sense of it (new post to come).

As for coffee in Petaluma... Hey... come on... we'll gather a group and just take over! Oh wait... I tired that already.