Friday, June 15, 2007

Father's Day Radio

I got a notice the other day from the folks at Public Radio Exchange letting me know that they are featuring one of my pieces on their front page for Father's Day. It's actually something I created several years ago to accompany an exhibit of photos and audio at the Sonoma Valley Museum of Art, and I later repurposed it as a radio piece. It features Marsha (my partner at the time) and her thoughts about her dad who had Parkinson's disease. The commentary is blended with bird sounds from outside my home in Petaluma, and soft guitar renditions of gospel tunes that seemed to me relevant to this story of a lifelong Baptist.

You have to be a member of PRX to actually hear the piece there, but you can hear it here right now.

Happy Father's Day.

No comments: