Saturday, August 30, 2008

Adrift In The Home Of The Free



I was checking on the Gustav blogs that Enigma4ever has at Watergate Summer and found a link to a really beautiful version of Randy Newman's Louisiana 1927, a song that always made me cry BEFORE Katrina, but which now days I can barely make it through without breaking down into sobs. In that sense it's alot like an Anders Osborne song (sung here by Jesse Moore) that really has come to be the Katrina anthem to me, and a lot of others.

All of that is actually by way of saying that the song above has nothing to do with that (well even that's not really true, but you'll have to watch the video to see what I mean). I found the song above in one of the You Tube synapses that almost always happens when you go to You Tube for one thing and emerge four hours later, glassy eyed and confused.

In any case... with Gustav bearing down on The Crescent City, and The Republican Convention bearing down on The Twin Cities (at the opposite end of the country), I offer the above video as honor, memory, and wistful longing for an America that might have been (and with ANY luck at all, might yet still be).

1 comment:

enigma4ever said...

thank you friend...I too cried when I watched it- almost did not post it....but it honors Something that was and is important...

I don't know what will happen with Gustav...but I do know that people are organizing to help again....
and do what needs to be done...

I will blog it like a dog-on-a-bone...don't worry...
( read my comment on my top post- and you will see that blogging is just a piece of WHAT I do..when the storms hit..)

so rest and know that this time folks are waiting to help....

thank you for the great Radio Link and I have a TV link now...

many hugs...namaste...