Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Busy Making Other Plans

I've been having an interesting experience over the last few weeks. Actually this experience has been playing out for me over the last year. It just happens that because of certain significant events in my life, the focus of this tends to become extremely sharp during the last of August and first of September.

Whether it's fretfully watching the progress of Gustav (or now Ike) approaching, in, and through the Gulf of Mexico, or alternately laughing hysterically and biting my nails over election events, busting my chops to drive in new work and new business, or filling my mind with grandiose ambitions for hopeful personal futures, I am fully aware that LIFE is happening on a whole other level.

This was especially the case with my Bubble Day last Monday, but it was also the case this weekend as we simply threw up our hands and glided our way into Dry Creek for Bella Winery's Labor Day Weekend celebration, a laid back, easy to take, day on the grass with good wine and Mitch Woods at the keyboard. This was followed by a friendly party at a friend's house down the street, and then yesterday, an invitation to take the last of the afternoon off and join some friends for tasting and touring at Petaluma's own, Lagunitas Brewery.

The plans are still there... the fretting, the conniving, the hoping and dreaming... but life keeps going on anyway, and at times like this, in late summer wine country, I find it very hard not to echo the sentiment of a friend of mine in Sonoma, who once last fall made the observation that we "live like kings!"

No comments: